Incorporate in Bahamas
Set up a company in Bahamas
The Bahamas is one of the industry veterans when it comes to offshore financial services. Since the 30s and 40s, the jurisdiction has been attracting foreign wealth due to its absence of taxation and its confidentiality policies. Although it lost popularity after its independence from Great Britain back in 1973, in favor of Cayman, BVI or Bermuda, it is still one of the go-to jurisdictions in terms of offshore corporate, trust and banking services.
Last December 2018, the Bahamas implemented several legislative changes to comply with requirements set by the EU and the OECD, by enacting the Removal of Preferential Exemptions Act; Commercial Entities (Substance Requirements) Act; the Register of Beneficial Ownership Act; and the Multinational Entities Financial Reporting Act
The Removal of Preferential Exemptions Act abolishes ring-fencing features provided by the International Business Companies Act; the Exempted Limited Partnership Act; the Investment Condominium Act, 2014; and the Executive Entities Act, 2011 – which provided companies incorporated by non-residents to enjoy certain exemptions if they were operated completely outside of the Bahamas.
Because the Bahamas doesn’t levy corporate taxes the main impact for IBCs or Limited Partnerships doing business outside of the Bahamas is that now they will be required to obtain a business license and pay a certain annual fee, as well as stamp duty on certain instruments. Limited duration companies under the International Business Act have been abolished.
Companies incorporated on or before December 31, 2018, are grandfathered for three years, until December 31, 2021.
Furthermore, international banking, insurance, and securities/capital markets sectors will be able to offer services to residents in the Bahamas and in local currency once certain regulatory approvals are in place. On the other hand, local commercial banks will be able to provide services to international clients.
Bahamian International Business Companies are commonly used as holding companies, to hold bank accounts, financial and commercial titles, international trading, own movable and immovable properties, asset protection and estate and inheritance security, among others.
Learn more about incorporating in the Bahamas:
Bahamas International Business Company Formation – USD 4,300.00 (All included)
We pride ourselves in providing the best possible professional service which includes our honest hassle-free “No Hidden Fee” policy. Your incorporation package includes:
- All Applicable Registration and Government Fees
- Certificate of Incorporation
- Memorandum & Articles of Association
- Appointment of Company Director(s)
- Director(s) Acceptance Letter
- First Board Resolution
- Register of Members
- Register of Directors
- Share Certificate(s)
- Registered Office & Registered Agent Service including all fees for the calendar year
- Corporate Documents’ Courier Delivery
Time to form: 2 weeks.
All our incorporation services include a yearly consulting session, a dedicated account manager and access to our global network of trusted business services, including introductions to accountants, financial, tax and legal advisors at no cost.
Bank Account Opening Support Services (Optional)
Bank Account Options:
- Bahamas Bank Account (Remotely) – USD 500.00
- Offshore Bank Account (Remotely) – USD 300.00
- Mauritius Bank Account (Remotely) – USD 500.00
- Labuan (Malaysia) Bank Account (Remotely) – USD 500.00
- Curaçao Bank Account (Remotely) – USD 500.00
- Singapore Bank Account (In-person) – USD 900.00
- Hong Kong Bank Account (In-person) – USD 1,200.00
- Cayman Islands Bank Account (Remotely) – USD 900.00
- Cyprus Bank Account (In-person) – USD 1,200.00
- Bulgaria Bank Account (In-person) – USD 1,200.00
- Armenia Bank Account (Remotely) – USD 1,200.00
- Turkey Bank Account (Remotely) – USD 1,200.00
*Offshore Bank Accounts: Belize, Puerto Rico, Nevis, Antigua, Saint Lucia. Other bank account options may be available depending on business profile and turnover.
Our Bank Account Opening Support Service includes:
- Introduction to the Bank Manager
- Bank Account Opening Process Management
- Assistance and advice in filling out Business Questionnaires, KYC Forms and Bank Account Application Forms.
- Certified Copies of Constitutional Documents with Apostille
- Corporate Seal
Our banking service is not just a mere introduction to the bank. We assist you in filling out the business plan forms appropriately and help you understand and provide business details, commercial information and purpose/use of the bank account that a given bank wants to know in order to approve your account application.
Banks want certainty and clarity on how the account will be used. Everything must be watertight. We will work with you to make sure there is minimal ‘back and forth’ and a smooth account opening process
Annual Fees (2nd year) – USD 2,900.00
- Government Fee (Authorized Capital USD 50,000)
- Corporate Director Fee
- Registered Agent & Registered Office Fee
- Additional Corporate Director (1 year) – USD 1,400.00
- Corporate Secretary (1 year) – USD 500.00
- Nominee Shareholder (1 year) – USD 1,400.00