Incorporate in Mauritius
Set up a Mauritius Company
Mauritius is a politically stable jurisdiction and the largest international financial and business hub in the Indian Ocean region with a strong liberal economy, a reputable banking system and a wide offer of qualified professional services.
Its pro-business and flexible regulatory framework provides reliability and security for the incorporation of international companies.
Global Business License Company
Companies holding the Global Business License (GBL) are entitled to do business internationally, may only undertake activities set out in the Business Plan filed with the Financial Services Commission (FSC) at the time of application for a license or as amended and notified to the FSC, and may conduct business with residents subject to the approval of the FSC.
GBC1 companies may conduct financial services activities such as banking, insurance, assurance, reinsurance, fund management, collective investment schemes, trust management, trusteeship business provision, if the relevant license is obtained.
GBC1 companies may apply for a tax residence certificate and benefit from an advantageous tax regime and a broad network of double taxation treaties.
Mauritius GBC1 companies are subject to corporate tax at a 15% rate, but there is available a unilateral foreign tax credit of up to 80%. Therefore, the effective tax rate of a GBC1 is a net of just 3%. Capital gains are not subject to taxation and there is no withholding tax on dividends, royalties and interests paid to non-residents.
In addition, dividends paid by a foreign entity of which the GBC1 owns a minimum of 5% of share capital will qualify for the underlying foreign tax credit, and therefore taxes paid on such income out of dividends may receive a credit.
To qualify for a tax residence certificate GBC2 Companies must fulfill the following requirements:
- The company shall at all times have at least two Directors resident in Mauritius;
- All meetings of the Board of Directors shall be chaired and minuted in Mauritius (Teleconferences accepted);
- The company has a registered address in Mauritius;
- The statutory documents, company papers and accounting records are kept at the registered office in Mauritius;
- The company shall ensure that all its banking transactions are directed through a bank account in Mauritius;
- The company has a local Company Secretary and local auditors; The TRC is renewable on an annual basis and pursuant to a specific DTA with specific formalities and undertakings to be complied with.
The tax residence certificate is renewable on an annual basis.
In addition, GBC1 companies may benefit from more than 30 tax treaties to avoid double taxation, being excellent vehicles for investments into China, India, Indonesia, Thailand, Singapore, South Africa, and many more.
They may be incorporated with as little as $1 of paid up capital, and shares may be issued with or without par value and fractional. Confidentiality is ensured as details of shareholders, directors, beneficial owners, as well as company accounts are not available to the public.
To qualify for a Global Business License Category II, a company must meet at least one of the following criteria:
- the corporation has or shall have office premises in Mauritius; or
- the corporation employs or shall employ on a full time basis at administrative/technical level, at least one person who shall be resident in Mauritius; or
- the corporation’s constitution contains a clause whereby all disputes arising out of the constitution shall be resolved by way of arbitration in Mauritius;
- the corporation holds or is expected to hold within the next 12 months, assets (excluding cash held in bank account or shares/interests in another corporation holding a Global Business License) which are worth at least USD 100,000 in Mauritius;
- the corporation’s shares are listed on a securities exchange licensed by the Commission; or
- it has or is expected to have a yearly expenditure in Mauritius which can be reasonably expected from any similar corporation which is controlled and managed from Mauritius.
All in all, GBC1s are excellent vehicles for investment, investment holding and fund management purposes, as well as to hold intellectual property rights, international trade and financial services, among others. They benefit from an advantageous tax regime with an effective tax rate that may be as little as 3%, access to a broad list of tax treaties and no withholding taxes on dividends and royalties, as well as exemption on capital gains and tax credits on dividends received.
Mauritius Private Company with Global Business License – US$12,000.00 (All included)
- Bound set of Constitutional Documents
- Certified Copies of Constitutional Documents for bank account opening
- Government Fees
- Assistance writing Business Plan
- GBC 1 Business Licence and provision of legal certificate
- Organisational minutes
- Processing fees (Financial Services Commission)
- Processing Fees & Company Registration Fees (Registrar of Companies)
- Annual Licence (Financial Services Commission)
- Tax Residence Certificate
- 2 Corporate Directors
- Registered Office & Registered Agent fee
- Courier fees
Time to form: 3 to 4 weeks.
All our incorporation services include a yearly consulting session, a dedicated account manager and access to our global network of trusted business services, including introductions to accountants, financial, tax and legal advisors at no cost.
Annual Fees – US$10,500.00
- Global Business Licence fee payable to the FSC
- Registration fee payable to the Registrar of Companies
- Tax Residence Certificate (“TRC”) fee payable to the MRA
- Provision of two resident directors, which is a mandatory requirement
- Provision of secretarial services including all board meetings / shareholders meetings requirements (organizing meeting, preparing board papers, conducting meeting with directors, taking of minutes of proceedings)
- Provision of registered office address
- Acting as Registrar and Transfer Agent (includes maintenance of all relevant registers, ie, directors register, register of members, secretary’s register)
- Acting as the main contact point for all relevant parties (authorities, shareholders, banker, lawyer, auditors etc)
- Performance of all banking transactions upon receipt of relevant instructions. (Our officers can act as cosignatory to the bank account)
- Submission of all applications as may be required from time to time by the directors
- Ensuring compliance with all relevant legislations
- Preparation of yearly financial statements in accordance with IFRS and any such other frequency where management accounts would be required
- Liaison with accountants and auditors with respect to financial statements and audit
- Preparation and filing of quarterly and yearly tax returns, and tax payments with the Mauritius Revenue Authority
- Renewal of the Tax Residence Certificate on a yearly basis
- Ongoing due diligence in line with the AML/CFT laws of Mauritius
Bank Account Options
- Mauritius Bank Account (Remotely) – US$500.00
- Labuan (Malaysia) Bank Account (Remotely) – US$500.00
- Offshore Bank Account* (Remotely) – US$300.00
- Curaçao Bank Account (Remotely) – US$500.00
- Bahamas Bank Account (Remotely) – US$500.00
- Singapore Bank Account (In-person) – US$900.00
- Hong Kong Bank Account (In-person) – US$1,200.00
- Switzerland Bank Account (In-person) – US$1,200.00
- Crypto-Friendly Bank Account (Remotely) – US$3000.00
We include introductions to payment processors or merchant accounts with all of our incorporation services. Whether you just need standard credit card processing or specialized services for high risk processing, we are happy to help you with introductions that can empower your business.
*Offshore Bank Accounts: Belize, Puerto Rico, Nevis, Antigua, Saint Lucia. Other bank account options may be available depending on business profile and turnover.